Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 22-One of Those Days (and weigh in too)

My weigh in was a bit disappointing.  I didn't lose anything this week.  Of course, I didn't gain either so I'll count that as a win.

Since I promised to be honest on this little blog, here's some truth.  I'm having one of those days.  You know the kind?  The day when everything is blah and you just don't want to do anything. 

I actually slept for 12 hours, which is definitely not my normal.  I'm a 7-8 hour a night kind of gal.  I noticed I was starting to feel a little down last night for no real reason.  Sure, we're got our problems but things are looking better.  I've got a new job with tons of opportunity and things are going smoothly for the most part.  I've had my dealings with depression over the years so I know what's up. 

I woke this morning just wanting to stay in and eat comfort food.  So, guess what?  I did just that.  Since I got up so late, I didn't eat breakfast.  I went straight to lunch and the ultimate comfort foods from my childhood, Springfield-Style cashew chicken and chocolate pie.

Cashew chicken was the ultimate treat when I was growing up.  My parents would bring it home occasionally from the Bamboo Inn on Friday nights.  Crispy fried chicken nuggets covered in a flavorful oyster sauce sprinkled with green onions and cashews.  This was served with a side of pork fried rice.  Definitely not real Chinese food but I loved it. 

Chocolate pie was my Grandmother Finley's specialty.  It's homey and comforting.  Eating it is like being enveloped in a great big chocolately hug.  Good for me?  Probably not so much physically but let me tell you, my spirit is satisfied to the nth degree!
Tomorrow is another day.  I'll be going to work for a few hours and hopefully, my blues will benefit from some social interactions.  Until then, I'm going to embrace my mood, go with the flow and just let myself be. 
Lunch was cashew chicken, rice and chocolate pie.
Dinner was pizza with black olives and onions. 

Eating the Rainbow today?  Didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment