Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 18-Saturday in the Sun

It's another beautiful day in OKC.  Today's high is supposed to be 62.  Tomorrow is supposed to be almost 70! Unbelievable!  I've got the day to myself.  Hubs and Son are visiting the grandparents for the day and won't be home until supper time.  Yes, I'm enjoying the quiet.

Breakfast was odd.  I have a ton of leftovers in the fridge and spied a few things rooting around in the kitchen.  I had Chili 5-Way which consisted of spaghetti, chili with beans, onions, and cheese.  I know it's kinda weird for breakfast but I've eaten chili for breakfast since I was two years old.  My mom figured it was full of protein and healthy so why not?  It's been a favorite breakfast since.
Lunch was veggie skettie.  I sautéed some squash, onions, green peppers, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower, added garlic and spices, then threw in a cup of angle hair pasta and a squeeze of Ranch dressing, and topped with a bit of parmesan cheese. 
Dinner was eggplant parmesan sandwiches and French fries.  I forgot to take pictures.  Sorry.

I stayed up very late and ended up having some popcorn and one those Mexican T.V dinners.  Fortunately, they are pretty small so it wasn't too much damage.  Guess I was hungry.

It looks like I'm eating a lot but I have been paying more attention to portion sizes.  My pasta servings were 1 cup of cooked pasta.  Before, I'd eat at least twice that if not more.  I'm eating what I want but less of it.  I'm going to continue that to see how it affects things.

No comments:

Post a Comment