Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4-First Saturday of New Eating

It's kind of an unusual Saturday.  Normally, I'd have a little red-headed stepchild running about the place; however, since we've been sick, Hubs decided maybe this weekend, they'd spend the majority of their time at the In-Laws.  Can't say I don't blame him.  It's pretty germy in here.  Time to break out the tea tree oil and eucalyptus! 

So I'm on my own for all three meals today, which basically mean, I don't have to cook!  I've got lots of great leftovers in the fridge and freezer.  WOOHOO!  I'm still not quite 100% so I look forward to taking it easy today. 
Breakfast was scrambled eggs with chives, English muffin with a smear of butter, cranberry compote, and coffee. And yes, I like a little ketchup on my scrambled eggs.   I used my little microwave egg cooker-thingy so cooking was pretty minimal. 

Lunch and Supper rolled into one happy surprise.  A local friend called and said some of our friends from Wichita were coming down for the day.  I spent the day hanging out and socializing.  It was wonderful. These friends are people I consider family so yeah, good times. 

Dinner was homemade Mexican food.  Chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce, refried beans, rice, chips, salsa and some homemade nanner puddin'.  Yeah.  That's how I say it.  Nanner puddin'!  The food was delicious and of course, it was made with love so that made it even better. 

It wasn't all organic but it was all made with fresh produce and real food.  Nothing processed so I felt good about it.  Sometimes you just have to say 'Yes' to fun and not worry too much about the other stuff.  Today was definitely fun.

Eating the Rainbow:
Red:Cranberries, red peppers
Orange:  Nope :(
Yellow:  Bananas,
Green: Tomatillos, cilantro
Blue:  Nope :(
White: Onions, tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment