Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10-It's Froggy Outside!

Looks like OKC is wrapped in a nice shroud of fog this.  It's dark and dreary out there.  My friends and I call this a "Donna Day" as she loves this sort of weather. To be honest, I like it too.  As I said, I tend towards cooler weather.  Guess it's that Celtic/Scandinavian blood in me.  I've never been one for the sultry Southern summer nights.  OK, I do like a dip in the pool but only because my pool tends to stay very cool because of those oak trees I told you about.  The warmest it got last summer in the 100+ weather was 87 degrees.  Let me tell you, it feels very brisk & refreshing when it's a 113 degree day!  Yes, we get 100+ weather in Oklahoma for weeks at a time.  Weeks at a time people! 

Speaking of summer, this came in the mail yesterday.  Now I'm dreaming of my beautiful garden, bursting with fresh veggies.  There is nothing like picking a ripe juicy tomato fresh off the vine and serving it up with some homemade mozzarella, fresh basil with a splash balsamic vinegar.  Ahhh...the joys of summer!  Of course, this also means it's time to really start planning that garden.  There is a lot to do.  This Spring I'm building all my raised beds.  It's quite a project but will be well worth the time and effort.  I'm also taking out some useless trees and planning some fruit trees.  Basically, 1/3 of my backyard will be designated food production.  Healthy?  You bet!
Breakfast was a waffle with peanut butter & syrup and a cuppa black coffee.
Lunch was leftover chicken 'n noodles and a banana.

For supper tonight we had ham, mac & cheese, and sautéed spinach.  Oh yeah, and I had some cookies today.  Five to be exact.  I am happy to say that I didn't go back for seconds on any of my meals today.  That's a first in a very long time!  Oh yeah, and I did walk my 15 minutes as well! WOOHOO!

Low veggie count today. Oh well, it all evens out. 

Eating the Rainbow:
Red: :(
Orange: :(
Yellow: Banana
Green: Spinach
Blue:  :(
White: :(

No comments:

Post a Comment