Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 5 Sunday Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!

I woke up to a nice blanket of snow this morning.  We only got about an inch but it sure was pretty.  Yes, I'm one of those weird people who actually likes snow and cold weather.  Maybe it's because I was born in Chicago. 

Today was pretty low key.  Watched Despicable Me 2, which is hilarious.  I love the "kid" movies they make now.  Brave is one of my favorites and Up was fantastic.  My all time favorite is still and shall forever be Snow White.  She was the only dark haired Princess when I was growing up so I guess I related to her a bit more being a brunette myself. 

Let's see, I also got most the Yuletide decorations put away.  Things are back to normal.  Kinda sad to see them go but I'm kinda glad the holiday season is over too. 

Hubs brought back some goodies from his mom's yesterday.  As I said, I'm on a strict budget so I was happy to get them.  Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, and the rest of her famous Beer Cheese Log.  Good stuff.
For breakfast today, I had a bowl of Rice Krispies with milk, blueberries and agave.  Was tasty.
Lunch was a small slice of leftover pizza and then some leftover noodles.

I was feeling a bit snacky today (that time of the month ya know) so I ate quite a lot of the kettle corn. 

Dinner was chicken enchiladas and Mexican rice using brown rice.  I was pleased with how the rice turned out.  It was fluffy and light.  I used this recipe and will definitely use it in the future with a few minor tweaks.  Both Hubs and I felt it needed a bit more flavor so next time, I will use more chicken broth than water and more tomato sauce as well.  I do know this.  I will definitely use the soak and toast method for plain brown rice too.  Hubs isn't a big fan of brown rice as it can be a bit heavy but using this technique really made a big difference.   
Got snack happy again after dinner and made *Rice Krispie treats with peanut butter, rice syrup and chocolate chips.  Ate 3 pieces.  I'm sure if I would have paid more attention to my Rainbow, I probably wouldn't have been craving stuff.  Lesson learned!

Eating the Rainbow:
Red: Tomato, red peppers,
Orange:  :(
Yellow:  :(
Green: Green pepper,
Blue: Blueberries, black olives
White:  Onions, garlic,

*See post for recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment