Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 21-Finnagin Begin Again!

Been looking at the foods of the last few days and yes, I've been very slack on my veggie and fruit intake.  Chalking it up to being busy is nothing but an excuse.  Old bad habits are hard to kick.  So, today, back to the Rainbow counter!  I've also been slacking off on walking so I shall reset my counter to a big old ZERO and begin again. 

I could be beating myself up, telling myself how bad I am, blah blah blah.  But this time, I'm taking a different tact.  This time, I am going to learn from my set-backs because I'm human.  I will have set backs.  The key is to start over.  No matter what, I can always start over.  Finding the patterns to why I'm having trouble and then making a plan to overcome those issues is the key.

Part of my issues this past week was my job.  I wasn't prepared to pack my own lunches.  I also didn't get to pre-cook foods for dinner.  This lead to being too hungry, tired, &/or feeling rushed, none of which are good for following a healthy diet.  My plan is to have a few back-up meals in the freezer so if this happens, I can still have a delicious and nutritious dinner but not have to expend a ton of time or energy doing so. I will also have veggies pre-chopped and make pasta, rice and other grains and bag them up in the fridge.  Easy peasy. 
Breakfast today was an English muffin with butter and jam and black coffee.  I just wasn't very hungry this morning.
Lunch and dinner were rolled into one.  I was seriously craving Chinese food, specifically, Sweet & Sour Chicken, which is odd as it's not my usual go-to.  So, yes, I made Sweet & Sour chicken from scratch to sooth my cravings.  Ate it with a side of rice.  Delish! The nice thing about making it yourself, you can add more veggies! 

Evening snack was berry sorbet, made with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. 

Happy to say, I ate the Rainbow today! WOOT!

Eating the Rainbow:
Red: Strawberries, raspberries
Orange: Carrots
Yellow: Pineapple
Green: Green peppers
Blue: Blueberries, blackberries
White: Onion, garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment