Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 20-The Dreaded Work Pot-Luck

So, it's here.  The work pot-luck.  Who knows what will show up.  I was convinced most of it will be convenient and not so great for me.  I took shortbread cookies.  I know they were made with real, simple ingredients, just butter, sugar, and flour.  No preservatives.  No chemicals. 100% real food.  

I was pleasantly surprised.  Several co-workers took the time to make some delicious from-scratch dishes.  We had dirty rice, homemade spaghetti sauce (who does that anymore!), BBQ chicken thighs, roasted potatoes with onions and peppers, and chicken enchiladas.  Delish!  Most of the dessert items were store-bought except mine, which by the way, everyone went ga-ga for!  All in all, I was impressed. 
Breakfast was scrambled eggs with chives (using 1 full egg and 2 egg whites) topped with ajvar, toast, butter, strawberry jam and coffee with a splash of milk. 

Lunch was pot luck.  See above.  No pictures.  Sorry.
Dinner was waffles with peanut butter and sausage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment