Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 19-Is it Summer?

Yet another beautiful day in Oklahoma.  Our high will be in the upper 60s again today!  Makes me wonder what this summer is going to be like. 

We're having a pot luck at school tomorrow, so I made cookies.  If I can keep Hubs out of them, I'm sure my co-workers will love them.  Basic shortbread, some with strawberry jam, some with peach preserves and some with chocolate frosting.  Yes, I indulged and had one strawberry and one chocolate.  Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself!
Breakfast was French toast with pecans, sausage and black coffee.  Homemade bread sure makes for some delicious French toast!
Lunch was special pimento and cheese (recipe coming later), olives, crackers, and pickles.
Dinner was probably the best roast chicken I ever made, carrots, onions, potatoes with sour cream and salad with French dressing. 

And just in case you were wondering, I typically drink water with my meals.  Occasionally I'll have iced tea but usually, it's just plain ole water.

No comments:

Post a Comment