Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 17-Pot Luck and Such

The school where I am working has a nice tradition. When a class is on their final day, they have a pot luck.  I like the idea.  It's a great way to celebrate and have some fun after weeks of hard work.  So yes, today was Pot Luck day.

I suggested we have a baked potato bar and everyone liked the idea.  It turned out very well.  Lots of good toppings and lots of camaraderie.  Good times had by all. 

This evening, Hubs decided to provide dinner.  He said he was getting a chicken but came home with something completely different.  You'll see.
Breakfast was a fried egg, English muffin with butter and jam, a couple biscotti and black coffee.
Lunch was big ole spud with chili, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits and green onions, salad with a bit of ranch dressing...
...and a piece of very decedent chocolate cake.
Dinner was a Mexican T.V dinner, chips and some CRAZY hot ghost pepper salsa.  I added some salad to try to salvage it a bit.  I know this seems like a really weird meal but let me explain.  Growing up in a rural Missouri in the 60s-early 80s, Mexican food was not to be had.  We were 60 miles from Springfield so we had to improvise.  My mom would make tacos but sometimes, she'd buy cheapie Patio T.V. dinners just for me.  It was such a treat at the time. Yes, they are awful but I love them just the same. I did then and I still do.  Hubs knew I was tired and would want comfort food.  He was being very sweet when he brought this home.  He was thinking from his heart and that is the reason I married him.  So, yes, I ate and relished every single bite. 

All in all, a very weird day of meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment