Monday, January 6, 2014

Healthy Rice Krispie Treats

I scoured the web for a simple recipe for healthy Rice Krispie treats.  I found a bunch.  Some were very simple, requiring few ingredients and some were very complicated.  I combined several to come up with this easy one.

To be honest, they're ok. Not horrible but not quite right either. I think it's the peanut butter that just doesn't do it for me. If you're a peanut butter fan, you'll probably like them.  I'll keep trying till I get it right 'cause, well, I really like Rice Krispie treats.  Maybe I'll invest in some organic marshmallows and keep it really easy.  For now, this is what I ended up with.

Rice Krispie Treats
1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)

1.  Put Rice Krispies in a large bowl.
2.  Grease a 8x8 pan.
3.  Put syrup in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat.
4.  Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
5.  Stir until peanut butter is melted and well mixed.
6.  Pour mixture over Rice Krispies and stir until mixed well.
7.  Pat mixture into prepared pan and push down a bit to make more solid bars.
8.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips if using.
8.  Refrigerate until firm and cut into squares. Or, if you're like me, just eat them while they are ooey-gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment