Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 13-Good News Monday!

The first good news is that it's another sunny day here in OK.  Guess we've got a week of sunshine and 50s.  I'll take it!  Of course, I know it won't last but for now, I'm going to enjoy every sunny second!

The second good news is, I have new job! I'll be working as a substitute instructor at a local technical college & I start tomorrow!  It will become full-time in about 6 to 8 weeks.  So I am finally back in my beloved career field!  WOOHOO! 

My shoulders are a little sore from cleaning yesterday.  Not complaining.  Just recognizing areas of my body that I don't use enough.  I tell ya, regular old outdoor chores are really good exercise.  Maybe I'll get industrious and start raking up the leaves we've accumulated the past few months.  Maybe.  ~snicker~
Breakfast was two soft breakfast tacos loaded with one egg (split it), salsa, onions, jalapenos and cilantro, 1/2 a very large tangelo, and café mocha.  I wanted to have the mango but alas, when I cut into it, it had gone bad near the pit. 
Lunch was assorted dim sum with spicy vinegar dipping sauce.  Ahhh the things I find in my freezer!
Afternoon snack was a cup of very strong black coffee and two mini chocolate-dipped almond biscotti. 
Dinner was pork schnitzel sandwiches with steak fries. I loaded my sandwich with tons of  onions, Anaheim peppers, and cilantro with a schemer of honey mustard. For the fries, I stirred a bit of Sriracha sauce into some ketchup.  It adds a bit of zip to the meal.  Try it if you like spicy foods.  You'll thank me.  I am happy to say, I ended up leaving about 1/3 of the sandwich on my plate.  Pretty sure there won't be an evening snack tonight!
   
Eating the Rainbow:
Red: Salsa, ketchup
Orange: Tangelo
Yellow: :(
Green: Jalapenos, cilantro, Anaheim peppers, pickles
Blue: 
White: Onions, potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment