Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7-Quiet Tuesday

Tuesdays, my Hubs and stepson have what I call Daddy Date Night.  He picks son up and they go out to dinner.  It's usually Taco Bueno or McDonalds.  Hubs comes home with some funny stories and everyone has a good time.

This means I am on my own for dinner every Tuesday.  This is the night I make stuff  I know Hubs doesn't care to eat.  Things like beans & cornbread, veggie stir fry or goulash.  Fortunately, even though Hubs is sorta picky, he'll eat pretty much anything I throw at him as long as it's not chock-full of green peppers or onions.  I can't imagine how someone doesn't like either because those are the beginnings of pretty much everything I like to eat.  So, yeah, my dishes are usually chock-full of peppers and onions. 
Breakfast today was a *banana nut waffles, sausage, and black coffee.  I used toasted wild pecans that my sweet Mom sent to me from Tennessee.  They are so darn good!
Lunch today was split pea soup and homemade white bread with butter. 

Dinner tonight was pasta with tomatoes, peppers and onions, sprinkled with fresh grated parmesean.  Yum!

Eating the Rainbow:
Red: Tomatoes, red peppers
Orange: Carrots
Yellow: Banana, yellow peppers
Green: Peas, green peppers
Blue:  :(
White: Onions,

*See recipe post.

No comments:

Post a Comment