Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 35-Fell off the Proverbial Wagon

Official Monday weekly weigh-in...drum roll please...lost another pound! That's six total!  WOOHOO!  VERY excited about that!

Yes, today I fell off the wagon.  It was the first day I've been alone since the funeral and dealings with all of that.  Today apparently was MY day to 'lose it'. 

We all have our moments of weakness.  This was mine.  I was feeling frustrated, sad and emotionally drained.  Not a good combo for any type of addiction.  I needed soothing. No ands, ifs or buts about it.  I tried to talk myself out of it but it didn't work.  So, I gave myself permission so it wasn't too bad but still, my carb desire was definitely in the drivers seat.  Here is how it turned out.  As I said, looking at it on "paper", it's not that bad.  But I know the out of control feeling that went along with it so for me, it wasn't good.

Breakfast:  Coffee.
Lunch:  Spaghetti with meat sauce & ranch, garlic toast, cookies, iced tea.
Dinner:  BBQ Pork Chop, fried potatoes, baked beans, peas.
Snack:  Nerds candy, airhead candy, Riesen carmel, pork chop, pasta with ranch & Parmesan.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  I take pride in the fact that I stayed true to my journey here and told the truth about my day.  If nothing else, I want to show myself and anyone reading that we do have bad days, no one is perfect, but we can move forward, even if it's tiny, little baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment