Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 19

I'm awake...sorta.  It's one of those 'must have coffee' kind of mornings. 

Ahhh.  Now that's better.  Working on my second cup and now, the world looks rosie.  One of these days, I'm going to invest in a real coffee grinder and try my hand at roasting my own coffee beans. It looks like a pretty simple process and I love the idea of having my own personal house blend.  I may have to make a trip to the local whole food stores.  I'm sure one of them has raw coffee beans.

Speaking of beans, it's about time to make a big ole' pot of white beans, cornbread sticks, and a mess of greens.  Can you tell I have Southern roots?  Although I was born in the North, both sides of my family come from Tennessee.  This is why I am addicted to sugar!  We put sugar in everything we cook.  Green beans?  Add a pinch of sugar.  Greens?  Add a pinch of sugar.  Iced tea?  Add a lot of sugar.  Desserts?  The sweeter, the better!  Amalgamation Cake, Cobbler, Chocolate pie, Pecan pie, date nut candy, fudge, divinity.  It's in my blood. 

Man, I don't know what happened but around 3:30, I became ravenous!  I mean absolutely must-eat-NOW hungry.  My stomach was literally growling and gnawing.  Yikes!  So I ate an early dinner tonight.  Inhaled might be a better description.  I don't normally get like that so it was a bit odd for me.  You could have set hominy and Lima beans (both foods I detest) in front of me and I wouldn't have balked. It wasn't low blood sugar because there was no shaking or feeling odd.  Just overwhelming hunger.   Weird.  I'm chalking it up to hormones.  I really can't think of any other reason. 

Breakfast:  One egg omelet with cheese and green peppers, Morningstar Hot & Spicy sausage patties, and glorious coffee with cinnamon Cool Whip.
Lunch:  Steak Umz and creamy cabbage stir fry.
Dinner:  BBQ Pork sandwich, potato chips, French onion dip, salad with Ranch dressing, and a pumpkin Pop Tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment