Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 21-Is It a Habit Now?

I've always read that if you do something for 21 days, it becomes a habit. Today is that day!  WOOHOO! 

Today was also my weekly weigh in.  I lost another pound.  According to the CAD weigh-in process, I lost 2-1/2 pounds this past week.  Total weight loss is 4 pounds.   Not too shabby considering I get to eat whatever I want once a day.  And believe me, I do!  I eat whatever I want.  No restrictions whatsoever.  I do try to stick close to the 1/3 meal concept but in truth, I always pretty much eat like that anyway. 
1/3 low carb veggie+1/3 protein+1/3 starch=Delicious!

I am so thankful that my family taught me good eating habits. We always had at least two veggies with dinner and salad of some sort too. My mom wasn't big on fried foods so even now, they aren't something I really crave.  OK, occasionally I do want some McDonald's french fries but hey, they are really good!  We had desserts but a lot of the time, it was something as simple as the 1-2-3 jello stuff or no-bake cheesecake.  We even had fruit salad as dessert occasionally.  Very well balanced meals were the staple for us.  Again, I am so thankful I grew up eating this way.


Brunch:  2 egg omelet loaded with cheddar cheese, red & green peppers, onions, and spinach and topped with a bit of salsa, coffee with cinnamon Cool Whip.
Dinner:  Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, my Honey Oatmeal Seed Bread, butter, and a Russell Stover dark chocolate coconut cream pumpkin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment