Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 26

Went to the Farmer's Market this morning.  We are absolutely addicted to the milk.  I also got cheese curds, mozzarella (yeah, not making my own today), pork steak, hamburger and fresh turnips with the greens.  One day this week, I'm going to have a good old fashioned Southern dinner of beans, turnip greens, & cornbread. Yum yum! 

Decided I was hungry when I got home so I had brunch. 

Hubs and Stepson went to t-ball this morning then straight to GranC & GramP's house.  Yes, you read that right.  GranC and GramP.  The other paternal grandparents are Poppy & Nana Jan.  He also calls his mother Mom Mom.  I used to call my paternal grandmother Mom mommy when I was little.  Kids. 

Hearty German food is calling my name.  Weiner Schnitzel to be specific.  The rest of the meal is pretty American.  And yes, that is cranberry sauce you see.  I love cranberries!  I always buy extra bags during this season and stash them in the freezer.  I make my own cranberry sauce and it's so good.  I eat it with chicken, pork, turkey and occasionally fish. I've spread it on toast like jam.  My favorite sandwich?  Smoked turkey, maple bacon, smoked cheddar cheese, onion, leaf lettuce, & cranberry sauce on herbed ciabatta. What's not to love? 

Breakfast:  Not hungry. 
Lunch:  Omelet filled with cheese curds, spinach, onion, green pepper, tomato and mushrooms, coffee with cinnamon Cool Whip and sugar free chocolate syrup.
Dinner:  Pork schnitzel, red potatoes, brown gravy, herb stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, and a strawberry oatmeal bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment