Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 27-Another One Bites the Dust!

I woke up early to the sound of rain.  It's dark and cool and just right for snuggling.  Good way to start the morning.

Also a good morning for a weigh in.  Lost another pound!  Yes, I lost another pound and I get to eat desserts, fried foods, real sugar, whatever I want.  Of course, I'm eating my veggies too. 

I've been awake long enough to be ready for some breakfast.  And of course, coffee.  Delicious, rich, hot coffee.  Yeah, I have a thing for coffee.  In truth, it's all about the taste, not the caffeine.  I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine so I have to limit my coffee consumption to about two cups.  I like iced tea too, but I can't drink it too late in the evenings either. It will keep me awake.   A shame, really, 'cause I like both. 

I made tuna salad tonight with mayonnaise and no sweet pickles and guess what?  It was delicious!  Yes, I am a die hard Miracle Whip & sweet pickle gal.  It's that Southern coming through again.  Sweet and sweet.  OK, I confess.  I doctored the mayo up a bit with some vinegar, dash of yellow mustard and some artificial sweetener.  It was just enough to give me the flavor I wanted. 

And if you're wondering, I usually drink plain old water with my meals unless I note something different.  I'm one of those people who actually likes water. I drink a lot of it.  Always have. 

All in all, a really good day.  :)

Breakfast:  Egg scramble with green peppers, onions, salsa, and cheese with a side of bacon. 
Lunch:  Reward Meal:  Schnitzel, potatoes with sour cream, green beans, cranberry sauce, herb stuffing, brown gravy, potato chips and dip (craving them), and 2 cookies.
Dinner:  Tuna salad with celery sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment