Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 20-Fall Back

Don't we just love the time change?  No we do not!  I hate the first few days.  I always wake up with the feeling I'm late, which I loath!  It makes a stressful beginning to the day.  Oh well. ~shrugs~

It took a few hours to get hungry again this morning so I opted for brunch instead of breakfast &/or lunch.  Seems like a good compromise for a lazy Sunday morning. 

I'm in a weird place emotionally.  I learned another thing about myself.  I always thought I didn't really use food as an emotionally crutch but I was wrong.  Way wrong!  I guess it is such an ingrained habit I never even noticed before.  Now that my body is free of the carb addiction, my mind is learning the new habits. 

It's been interesting from a observers prospective.  I have found that since I don't obsess over food, my mind is free to think about other things.  I know that sounds a bit odd but it's true.  So here's the rub.  What do I fill that blank space with?  I realized that is why I have felt 'bored' the past week or so.  There is a void that needs to be filled.  This is freeing but a little scary for two reasons.  One is I have to learn to use different tools to deal with those emotions (anger, frustration and boredom) and two, I need to figure out what it is I really like to do.  Sounds easy but it's not.  I've spent the past, ohhh, 40 years of my life ignoring this and now it's time to rediscover this neglected area of my life.  I figured I would look to my past interests as a child and young adult and see if any of those things still inspire me.  It should be an interesting journey. 
Had a nice dinner date with Hubs at Trapper's tonight.  He wanted somewhere cozy and semi-quiet.  I wanted a nice sit down meal.  We both agreed Trapper's had the perfect atmosphere. 
Yes, that is taxidermy.  It's Oklahoma, people!
The food is always delicious and the service is great.  I did eat some of everything but I didn't completely stuff myself.  I am decidedly full but not stuffed.  It does take much less to reach full now though.  I'm very happy about that!

Brunch:  2 egg scramble with green peppers, salsa, spinach, and coffee with cinnamon Cool Whip.
Dinner:  Coconut shrimp with orange marmalade sauce, French bread & butter, Caesar salad, blackened tilapia with blackened shrimp, scallop and brown butter sauce, with a side of garlic smashed potatoes, Swamp Water, and some bread pudding with whisky sauce.  Oh, and one hush puppy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment