Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day Six

Today went well.  Got Hubs and Stepson off this am for a t-ball game.  While they were gone, I made my breakfast.  Today I had sauteed green peppers, mushrooms, and spinach scrambled with one whole egg and a side of bacon.  I forgot how wonderful real bacon is. 

Hubs got home and I talked with him while he ate his brunch of tacos.  It was interesting to me that I sat there the whole time and not once did I have the urge to eat one.  Didn't even enter my mind.  I'm LOVIN' this eating plan!

I left to do a bit of shopping when he finished.  I treated myself a bit today with some new hair products.  I have very curly hair and it's pretty fussy.  Too much product and it goes flat.  Too little and the curl get frizzy.  I got some Carol's Daughter products.  I saw something about it a few years ago and filed it away.  When I saw it today, I knew I had to give it a try.  Not the cheapest product around but I like that it's all natural and it supports a woman run business.  I also got some makeup but shhh...we're not going to tell Hubs about that just yet. ;)

After my trip to lady-land extravaganza, I went to the store to pick up a few items.  Finally got back home and made a wonderful lunch.  I know there are recipes for cauliflower 'mashed potato' recipes out there but I just steamed some in the microwave and smashed it up.  I poured what I guess I will call Chicken Stroganoff over the top and enjoyed the deliciousness!

Dinner was Chicken Parmesan sandwiches, chips, a nice big salad with Cesar dressing and for desert, a toasty Pumpkin Pie Pop Tart!  Seasonal Pop Tarts are pretty darn good. 

All in all, it was another day of true amazement at how I'm not obsessing over food anymore.  At this point, I really beginning to believe it's not all just in my head but truly a change in my body.  All I know is that I'm going to keep doing this! 

Chicken Stroganoff
3 ounces chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
2 tablespoons Chicken broth
1 teaspoon parsley
2 tablespoons Sour cream

Heat oil and saute onions & chicken together till chicken is cooked.  Add mushrooms, soy sauce, chicken broth, salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder.  Cook until mushrooms are tender and broth has reduced a bit.  Take off heat and stir in sour cream.  Pour over smashed cauliflower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment