Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 15

Before I say anything else, I want to send my prayers and thoughts to the thousands who were and still are in the path of Hurricane Sandy.

I have several East coast friends who were in the brunt of the hurricane and have seen their updated pictures throughout the evening and early hours this morning.  It's bad, people.  Very bad. 

I had a difficult time sleeping last night.  It was a full moon and obviously, the weather systems are a bit wonky.  Yeah, I'm sensitive to those sorts of things. 

Why do I mention this?  Because I know from personal experience that when I'm tired &/or sleepy, I tend to snack throughout the day, and those snacks are not healthy ones.  I crave things like candy bars and cupcakes.  This will be a test for the CAD and for myself.  I'm looking at it in a positive light.  Knowledge is power and if I'm going into this with the knowledge of my former responses and that CAD works.

I was a bit surprised that I wasn't hungry again this morning.  I decided to just go with it and just had a cup of coffee topped with Cool Whip Season's Delight. 
Have you seen this yet?  My store had two flavors.  Sweet Cinnamon and French Vanilla.  A serving has 25 calories and only 2g of carbs!  WOOHOO!  Yeah, I know.  It's full of all sorts of chemicals but sometimes, you just need some darn Cool Whip!  Cool Whip also has a new line of frosting in chocolate, cream cheese and vanilla.  Sounds like the start of some very easy cool desserts this Summer! 

Good news with this one. It didn't trigger any carb cravings.  YIPPEE!  I also had no problems at all with cravings due to being a little tired.  I tell ya.  CAD is a real lifesaver!

Breakfast:  Coffee with Cool Whip Season's Delight Sweet Cinnamon topping.
Lunch: Reward Meal:  Pasta Bake (leftover spaghetti baked with peppers, onions and cheese), mixed salad with Ranch dressing, garlic toast, 1/2 peanut butter cookie, 1/2 spice bar and 1/2 cocoa chew. 
Dinner:  Crazy Good Low-Carb Soup, sour cream, cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment