Friday, October 19, 2012

Day Five

Last night, Hubs got snack happy and broke out peanut butter, crackers and Ghiradelli dark chocolate truffle squares.  Normally, watching someone else chow down, especially on chocolate, would drive me insane.  Funny thing happened.  I absolutely did not want any!  Really!  I didn't want any at all.  This was almost a magical turn of events for me because in the past, even if I wasn't hungry at all, I would have grabbed the chocolate and ate it anyway.  Amazing!

Today started out beautifully. I did my daily weigh in and as of today, I've lost three pounds! I'm not going to get too excited because I have to average the week, but it was nice to see. Not too bad for being able to eat what I want every day. 

Breakfast today consisted of a nice egg white omelet with green peppers, onions, tomatoes and Munster cheese, and Morningstar spicy sausage patties.  I was very glad to see the sausages were within the carb limits because I really do like them.  They are low-fat as well so it fits nicely.

I was out and about today when the lunch hunger hit me.  A little research on my phone and I was set.  I went to McDonald's and had 2 cheeseburgers, no ketchup, and a small side salad with the balsamic dressing.  I only ate the meat and cheese of the burgers and only a little of the dressing.  I cannot imaging using all of it. The salad would have been swimming! YUCK!  I also splurged and got a diet Coke.  Not something I drink often but I like a Coke with my burgers.  Was simple, fairly tasty and did fill me up. The thing I really liked was not having to interrupt my excursion to go home and cook. 

One of my stops was to the local liquor store.  Yes, I drink.  Occasionally, I enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail.  Today, I found something I just had to try.  Chocolate wine!  It's chilling and I can hardly wait to try this tonight! 

Also tonight, the step-son will be here.  We typically have Mexican food.  Son really loves him some bean burritos.  Hubs has put in a request for tacos.  I am going to make a kick-ass taco salad, 89er style, for myself.   It's nice to know I don't have to cook anything different or special to enjoy a meal with my family. Different items using all the same ingredients! Everybody wins.

The 89er was a restaurant in Springfield, Missouri.  I went to lunch there many times because I worked in the same strip mall.  They made the best taco salad ever.  I don't think it can really be called a taco salad.  I don't remember there being any chips involved.  It was a flour tortilla, layered with refried beans, lettuce, onions, cheddar cheese, salad dressing, salsa, sour cream and topped with chili.  Absolutely delicious. Tacos...fffttt! I'm having this for dinner tonight

Dinner was wonderful.  Again, I surprised myself by eating about half of my taco salad.  OK, it was a bit big but still, there was a time when I could have wolfed down the whole thing easily.  Then it was time for dessert.  OMG!  The ChocoVine was delicious.  My Hubs called it an Electric Yoo Hoo!  It was about the consistency of rich chocolate milk and tastes a bit like chocolate flavored Bailey's.  I had a small glass with a German dark chocolate butter cookie.  I couldn't finish it all.  Hubs gladly finished it for me.  Yeah, CAD is definitely something I can do!

The cookie matches.  ~giggle~



No comments:

Post a Comment