Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day Nice...I mean Nine

It's 7:32 am.  I've been awake for about an hour and guess what?  I am not the slightest bit hungry yet!  Impressive.  In the past, I was starving about 10 to 15 minutes after I woke up.  This low carb works!

Went for a trip to the store in search of soy flour.  There are a few recipes in the CAD book for 'bread' and 'muffins'.  I'll admit, I miss french toast or a muffin with my coffee.  I didn't eat them a lot but it would be nice for an occasional break from the typical egg breakfast. 

I went to the local little health shop and unfortunately, they did not carry soy flour.  I found it odd because they had pretty much every other kind, even coconut!  I did get some Dr. Bronner's Magic soap in lavender.  Smells heavenly and they are 100% organic and certified Fair Trade. 

Speaking of heavenly smells, I had to visit Ingrid's Pantry which is a small version of Ingrid's Kitchen, one of my favorite eateries in Oklahoma City.  Their food is delicious but I'll be honest, I go there for the baked goods. OK, and their Wiener Schnitzel plate. 

Today I came home with their famous Thumbprint cookies (rick butter cookie with a glob of dark chocolate frosting, absolutely addictive!), a spice bar, a lemon cupcake and a chocolate cupcake. Hubs will be thrilled with the cookies. 
Look simple, taste sinful!
 
Now tell me, what other diet on Earth allows you to have any of those?  Oh sure, you can eat them on Weight Watchers but you couldn't eat much else in the day.  CAD, you can eat and not starve.

I finally made it to another store and found my soy flour! WOOHOO!  I'm going to 'bake' tomorrow morning.  I'll let you know if it's worth the time and effort.

Breakfast today: 2 egg white omelet with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon bits, and Monterrey jack cheese and a splash of hot sauce. 

Lunch:  Mixed greens, cauliflower, and shrimp with Caesar dressing. 

Dinner:  Homemade Italian sausage pizza with black olives, salad with Ranch dressing, Mexican Sprite, and 2 thumbprint cookies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment