Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day Eight

Ohhhh, I do love me some coffee!  Truly nectar of the Gods. 

Today's breakfast:  Mexican Omelet.  2 egg whites, green and red peppers, sharp cheddar cheese, a bit of hot salsa, garlic powder and cumin.  Pretty tasty!

Since today is my 'free' day, meaning I can have whatever I want as Hubs has dinner out with Stepson, I was feeling Arby's.  I decided to try lunch as my Reward Meal today instead of dinner.  I got my food and brought it home.  I had a Super Arby's (sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, and 'red ranch dressing' which is really just Catalina dressing), potato cakes, jalapeno poppers with Brocho Berry sauce, and a chocolate and a cherry turnover.  Yes, two turnovers because I just couldn't decide which one I wanted.  Oh, and unsweet iced tea to drink.  I enjoyed every single bite of my appetizer, sandwich, and potato cakes.  When I got to my turnovers, I will admit, I was getting pretty full, but I did eat some of both.  I left the table completely satisfied but yeah, I know I ate a bit too much.

Did I stick to the rules of CAD perfectly for this meal?  Well, yes and no.  I guess it depends on which version of the book you have.  The one I have says eat whatever you want.  The updated versions has a few more rules.  1/3 protein, 1/3 allowed veggies and 1/3 carbs, including drinks and desserts.  I know that this meal was pushing the limits a little but that is the exact reason I love this plan!  If I have a crazy meal occasionally, it's okay.  It doesn't blow my 'diet'.   I normally eat healthy, balanced meals so it's nice to know I can do this occasionally with no guilt, & no regrets.  THIS is how normal people eat! 

I also like the fact that I am no longer absolutely obsessed with food!  It's not the background conversation running through my brain all day.  I eat my meal, I'm full and satisfied and I move on.  It's a wonderful sense of freedom!

When dinner time rolled around, I really wasn't very hungry.  I ended up eating about 1/2 cup cottage cheese and celery sticks. Yup, that's it.  I did spice up my cottage cheese with Canadian spice blend and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.  It was cool and refreshing and honestly, food was the last thing on my mind.  I probably could have easily skipped dinner altogether but I know that is not a good habit to get into.  All in all, CAD proved again to be the right way to eat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment