Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 16-Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween/Samhain everybody!  Should be a beautiful night for Trick or Treating since the moon is still almost full.  Hope you get more treats than tricks! 

My neighborhood is mostly elderly folks.  This will be our third Halloween here and I've never had one child ring the doorbell.  I hope in the future this changes.  I miss seeing the kids all dressed up.  At least I got to see my Stepson excited about it this year.  He just turned five so he understands the concept now.  He is going to be a yellow crayon.  Costume is cuter than it sounds and he's a red-head so it goes well with his hair.

I don't miss having the extra candy hanging around though.  That was always a temptation since I always gave out chocolate candy bars & I love chocolate.  Do any of you remember the days when people actually gave out homemade treats?  I used to love getting popcorn balls.  It wasn't something we made at home so when I got one, I was ecstatic.  They never made it back to the house.  Of course, I lived in a very small town (population 350) so we knew pretty much everyone.  It's a shame kids today don't get to enjoy those simple treats.

This morning, I'm semi-hungry so decided to have breakfast.  Definitely having the coffee and Cool Whip.  It's a cool morning so warm sweet cinnamony goodness is demanded. 

Forgot to get candy.  I like to have it just in case we do get a stray kid or two tonight.  Asked Hubs to pick some up and he came home with a huge bag of sugar stuff.  You know.  Jaw breakers.  Lemonheads.  Swedish Fish.  That sort of thing.  I was a bit surprised.  I figured he would get a bag of candy bars.  He said he got this because he knew neither one of us would eat it.  I typically get something I know we'll eat.  I guess I should have to be more specific. 

Breakfast:  Morningstar Hot & Spicy breakfast patties, ketchup,  fried egg, & coffee with Sweet Cinnamon Cool Whip.
Lunch:  Spiced Up Cottage cheese, celery, cup of Veggie Soup.
Dinner:  Leftovers Night.  BBQ Pork sandwich, potato chips & dip, Mexican rice, coleslaw, mac & cheese, bites of cookies and 1/2 package Swedish Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment