Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 14-Heading into Week 3

I'm Free!
Photo Credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/pware/6940494136/
Going into Week 3 is exciting for me.  I don't think I've made it this far on a 'diet' in a long, long time.  By now, I'd be so fed up with measuring and starving that I would have had a least one cheat day.  I'm still in the 'amazement' stage of CAD. 

Although the CAD book says to weigh daily and then average those weights, I still like to see my Monday weekly results too. CAD say I've lost an averaged weight of 1-1/2 pounds. My weekly weight shows a 3 pound loss. Either way, I'm losing so I'm a happy gal!

The weight loss is wonderful but something just as wonderful is not obsessing over food.  I know I've said it before.  It's just such a relief to feel 'normal' when it comes to food.  When you've spent your whole life with an addiction/obsession, it feels so freeing when it's gone!  If you even think you may have issues with carbs, go to your nearest store and buy this book.  It really will change your life!

Breakfast:  Wasn't hungry so didn't eat.
Lunch:  Crazy Good Low-Carb Veggie Soup
Dinner:  Spaghetti with mushroom meat sauce, mixed salad, garlic toast, Tidal School Oklahoma Sweet, and a coconut macaroon.


Crazy Good Low-Carb Veggie Soup
1 stalk celery, minced
3 tablespoon onion, chopped
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
3-4 chicken tenderloin breast pieces, cut into 1' pieces
2 cups Chicken Broth
About a cup of Water
1 can Hernandez Salsa, hot
1 Zucchini, cut into chunks
2 cups Cauliflower, separated into small bite-size pieces
1 cup Cabbage, shredded and chopped
1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
1-1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Oregano
Sour Cream
Cilantro

Heat olive oil in a saucepan.  Add celery and onions and cook until tender.  Add chicken and brown. Once chicken has browned, add the rest of the ingredients except mushrooms. Bring to a boil and then simmer until veggies are tender.  Add mushrooms and simmer till they are tender.
To serve:  Ladle into bowl and top with sour cream and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment