Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year's Resolution for 2014-Part 4

I approach life very holistically, meaning I believe the body, mind and spirit all work together to create a healthy person.  If you neglect one area, the whole suffers.  I've neglected all areas and yeah, I've been paying for it.

For my mind, I'm starting back to work in my chosen career field.  I've been in adult education for many years and absolutely love it.  I lost my job in 2011 when my school closed and have been searching for a good fit ever since.  I've worked at a big box store, did some temp work at a home health agency, IT work for an attorney, and two call centers. None were satisfying other than providing a pay check. 

Fortunately, I have a great opportunity on the horizon for another teaching position and am going in this week to finish up some details.  This will ease our financial burdens and will also bring the joy only teaching can bring.  Yes, it really is a joy to watch someone learn and grow and to be part of that, well, it's definitely a beautiful experience.

Spiritually, I just need to become a bit more involved.  I used to be extremely active in my community.  I know I need to do so again.  It does take some time and commitment but ultimately, it's worth it.  I'm not 100% sure how this is going to come about  but I know I'm ready for it.  What's the saying, If you build it, they will come?  Same goes here.  I'm ready so the opportunities will present themselves.

One other thing I want to do is plant a herb and veggie garden. This incorporates all my goals.  It provides wholesome, organic vegetables for my table, is outdoors, provides plenty of stretching and strength exercises,  helps ease our finances, provides a creative outlet (canning & cooking), and can be shared with others. 

So there you have it.  My New Year's Resolutions for 2014.  I hope you stick with me through this journey.   I promise to be 100% honest with my successes and failures if you promise to be kind.  There will be tons of pictures, charts and such as well. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment