Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year's Resolution for 2014-Part 2

First on the list is my physical self.  I've become quite a couch potato.  My typical day consists of getting up, eating breakfast, cleaning a bit, then sitting or laying on the couch watching crap T.V.  until lunch, where I eat, clean up a bit, then repeat until dinner.  Day in and day out.  It's no big surprise I've gained 15 more pounds.  What is surprising is that it isn't more! 

This is a very dangerous lifestyle for me.  I have high blood pressure, am about 100 pounds overweight, I get breathless when I do anything physical, and a few years ago, I had what is commonly known as a mini stroke.  What's worse, my dear, sweet Hubs told me that he didn't care how fat I get as long as I was healthy.  Of course, I don't consider any of the above 'healthy' so.

Since I'm being 100% honest on this little blog of mine, I might as well go for broke.  I am 5'5 inches tall, 50 years old and my weight (gulp) is 240.6 pounds.  Here is a recent picture.  Yes, that's me.  To be honest, I was a bit shocked when I saw this one.  Cameras are good for cruel reality checks!
 
So how am I going to change?  I'm going about it a bit differently.  Typically, I'd try some weird diet (see the past years' entries) or join Weight Watchers or something.  It's expensive and frankly, a pain in the ass.  All that weighing, measuring, etc. is not my style.  Plus, it lets me include stuff I know without a shadow of doubt is not a healthy way to eat, i.e. fast food & junk food. 

This time, I'm going to start cutting out all fast food, processed foods and refined sugars.  I want to go 100% organic but at the moment, I'm not sure I can swing it financially so that will evolve as things progress.

Besides taking away things, I plan on adding things as well.  Whole grains, fruits and vegetables.  I actually love these foods so it's not difficult to make this change.  I'm not even sure why I quite eating them.  Laziness perhaps?  Could be. 

See next installment for the other physical change.

No comments:

Post a Comment